I'll save the best part (the "oh boy!" part) for the end. Nothing like building suspense! I'll start with a thank you card I made for the principal I shadowed the other day for my internship. She's not a girly-girl, so I looked past the pink into my newly-organized ribbon jars for inspiration.
Then, I played with a sketch from Page Maps and some pink twill I forgot I had (the best part of cleaning - forgotten treasures). I also set eyelets with my crop-a-dile for the first time, and I couldn't believe how easy it was. (How sad that I've had it for a while and only used it to punch holes.) Anyway, here is the sketch and card.
Here's a picture of my newly-organized ribbon. A while ago, I read about the idea of wrapping your ribbon on clothespins and putting it in jars, but I never got around to it. Then I saw Samm's ribbon on her blog, and it inspired me to get the clothespins and just do it. I also moved them closer to my table, so hopefully I'll remember to use the ribbon more often.
And finally....the "oh boy" part. After saving for a few months, we finally splurged yesterday and bought a digital SLR camera - the Cannon Rebel XTi. Very excited! Lou and I took many, many pictures of our dog last night testing it out (poor Daisy). I haven't installed the software for uploading pictures yet, though, so the pictures on this post are still from the old camera. It also came with free digital photography classes at the local camera shop, so I'm very excited to start those next weekend! Thanks for listening - happy Sunday!