Monday, September 20, 2010

Grandmother's BD gift

These are my latest creations, all part of my grandmother's BD gift set of cards. The first one is based on a card from the Autumn 2010 Take Ten magazine. I used a different border punch but was happy with the way this one looked in layers.

My other grandma passed away last week, and I made these cards to write thank you notes for friends who came to the viewing or funeral. I like simplicity of the design and the pop that embossing the tree gives the card.
My friend Amy and I went to the rubber stamp show here in town last weeked and bought the template and brushes to make this card base. I had fun combining colors, but I couldn't get a clean image from this stamp with the template. Oh well.

The final 2 cards incorporate elements of cards I saw at the recent make 'n take from the local stamp/scrapbook store.



Thanks for looking. Have a great week!

No comments: